GMaP Region 3 Offers Travel Scholarships
The Early Career Cancer Health Disparities Research Travel Scholarship is intended to support career development in cancer health disparities research. It is designed to assist undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, early career scholars (e.g. research scientists), junior faculty (within 5 years of faculty appointment), and recent K Award, R03, and R21 recipients interested in cancer health disparities research with travel expenses related to:
- Workshops and Trainings
- Data Collection
- Grant Development/Grantsmanship
- Mentor/Mentee Meetings
- Other Qualified Career Development Opportunities
Eligible scholars must:
- Reside in a GMaP Region 3 state.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Complete a GMaP Region 3 Travel Scholarship application.
- Must be conducting or interested in cancer research (e.g. clinical, basic, behavioral or population science).
Applications must be received no less than 30 days prior to intended travel. Registration fees and flights may be purchased prior to activity following notification of award. Early applications are encouraged!
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- All expenses and activity documentation must be received 10 business days after the activity for reimbursement. Materials required, as appropriate to your submitted activity, include:
- Original itemized receipts (i.e. registration, flight/boarding passes, rental car, hotel, taxi, etc).
- Conference, workshop, training brochures.
- Presentation and/or poster abstracts.
- One page summary report on your activity (i.e. data collection, grant development, meeting, conference connections, professional development and training).
- Limited funds are available. Award may be up to $ 1500.00 per application. Award amount will be based on funds available and necessity based on individual activities.
- Only one application and/or activity per scholar will be awarded per grant year (09/01 to 08/31).
- Activity must take place after the decision for award has been made. No past events will be awarded.
- Award may not be used for international travel or other international expenses.
- No membership fees may be paid through this award.
- Please acknowledge GMaP Region 3 on publications, abstracts, posters and in presentations.
- This is a competitive award. A committee will convene to approve awards based on merit, clarity of request and relevance to cancer research career development.
For more information, e-mail Miria Kano