To request support from the Biostatistics Shared Resource, please complete this form. Your request will be reviewed promptly and we will schedule a meeting to discuss your project, including outlining how and when the resource can assist you.
Guidelines for Working with the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR)
- BSR provides support to UNM Cancer Center members through collaborations in which Biostatisticians become long-term collaborators within research teams through the support of grant funding.
- Any exceptions to this model can be discussed through an introductory meeting with the BSR Director.
- Please provide sufficient lead time for our work. All requests are unique and a precise timeline will be estimated during initial meeting.
Examples of time guidelines are:
- Letter of support for grant application: 1 week
- Internal grant application: 1 month
- External grant application: 3 months
- Statistical analysis for manuscript/abstract/presentation: 1- 3 months
What to expect after request submission:
- Request will be reviewed promptly and investigators will be contacted to set up a meeting to further discuss proposal with assigned statistician.
- Initial meeting will include a discussion outlining how the BSR can assist you, determine a timeline, establish a scope of work.
- All grant proposals that include a BSR statistician require a Grant Proposal Letter of Intent (LOI) for Biostatistical Support signed by the investigator and lead statistician prior to submission
- A Letter of Agreement for Biostatistical Support is completed prior to initiating project work